Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

It's A Toddler Tragedy

In Pre-School the most coveted thing isn't a toy, or a special seat on the carpet...a ball even on the play ground. Oh no. It is something much much more special - it's being Snack Helper and Line Leader. Something that happens on the one day a month you bring your choice of healthy snack to share with the class.

Tomorrow is Paige's day, her second time since school started.

Only one small issue with tomorrow being her day. She's been in bed sick with a high fever since she got home from school and won't be able to attend.

My poor sweet little girl was so upset she tried to convince me over and over that she was fine, in between shivering from the cold sweats and coughing. She cried for 45 minutes about not being able to be be Snack Helper and Line Leader.

I made a call to her school to let them know she wouldn't be there and make sure they still didn't need me to bring her snack in, as they rely on the parents to provide it. The office lady assured me they would try to swap days around for the Line Leader thing, and I seriously hope they do or Paige might never want to continue going to Catholic school and church...lol. She will have lost all faith!

I'll believe they will swap it around when I see it. Last time I asked when Paige was going to be Kid of The Week, because Paige was wondering....I got talked to and looked at like I needed to have my kid in the spotlight....ugh. You know, one of those parents! Which I'm not like one bit!

Well I'm off to tend to a sick child...

0 comments: