Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Stop Takling!

Last week I took Paige to our local corner store to get a loaf of bread. Nothing more, nothing less. I explained this to her in the car in the most rational way possible that I knew would sink in the quickest as the store is right across the street from her school, I didn't want to play the "But why?" game.

I simply told her Mommy didn't bring enough money for treats and she had pleanty of them at home for after lunch.

We went in, got our bread and went to the check out. When the man behind the counter asked if this was all. (I hate that question, of course it is....what am I going to say? "Oh no and that wad f cash in the register please?" It's not like they are a gas station!)

Before I could answer him, Paige hops up on her tip toes and looks at him saying "My mom doesn't have any money, so thats all we can get!"

Ugh.

The worst part, it was partially true. I NEVER have cash and they don't take cash cards on orders under $8 because of the fees. I paid the guy in quarters.....

I need to watch what I say to her.

1 comments:

LeAnna said...

hahaha...I just laughed out loud! That is SO funny! I mean embarassing, but still oh so funny!