Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Little Trooper

Well she's had the Cam Walker for just over a week now, and it's going well. I'm still waiting to hear back from her doctor about how long exactly she should keep it on. Simply saying "a couple months" doesn't help too much.

She's managing just fine. Like a mini-celeb when we go out in public now. Everyone wants to know how the cute little girl hurt her foot. Yesterday at Wal-Mart she told a guy she fell down the stairs, and I had to correct her and then I felt like I looked like the mom who beats her kid then covers it up! LOL.

Truth is, when people ask I don't even know what to tell them. Because we don't know whats wrong with her foot. I've been saying that there's some swelling and this is ruling out some options.

On the plus side, she had her eye doctor appointment yesterday to check for swelling in the eye - which can be a sign of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis - and there's nothing! Perfect 20/20 vision! And she did awesome sitting still in that chair and following direction!!!

Keep checking back, I'm sorry that I take so long between posts - with the wedding coming up so soon and not sleeping well at night....ugh I'm just worn out!

0 comments: