Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 26, 2008

Vote For Paige!

I won't claim to be totally informed on politics, I know probably as much as an average American but with the election coming up and it being literally a momentous occasion no matter who wins just based on those running.

Today I sparked some presidential interest in my daughter when I picked her up from school, I was wearing a large pair of sunglasses that belonged to my sister, and when I caught my reflection in the window of the car I laughed because having them on made me feel a little like Jackie O.

Paige asked who that was and I told her how she was married to a President, but that he was no longer in office.

She asked why. Sparing her the details of what really happened, I simply let her know that Presidents are only allowed to be in office for 4 years before we all get to vote again.

Quick as a whip, knowing little to nothing about presidents at all she asked,

"Can girls be President?"

I said "Of course, and I bet we'll see one in your lifetime!"

to which she said "Good, I really hope it's Auntie Megan"

I love her, she's so quick witted and lives in a fantastic world that we could only dream of knowing!

0 comments: