Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 19, 2008

Huh?

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm losing my hearing or of Paige is really just becoming harder to understand. I have found myself, over the past few days having to say "What?" to her about 6 times before I actually figure out what she is saying.

I'm listening, I swear I am, but everything is starting to become this new version of English that I was never taught. Maybe you're familiar with it, it's where you mash every word from a sentence to become one really big word. On top of the word mashing she's also decided that important information no longer needs to be conveyed in the sentence and, like most woman, is expecting you to figure out just what she is talking about based on 4 or 5 common words.

For instance, on the car ride to school this morning she said to me:

"Didjacomecheck?"

Translation into English would be - "Did you come check"

WHAT!? What does that mean!?

After we played the "What did you say" game 4 times she finally said very slowly as if to make sure I understood that I was a complete moron:

"Did you come check on me last night when I was asleep?" and then looked at me like "Duh!"

How on earth am I supposed to figure that out from Didjacomecheck? Ugh. I don't see this getting any better before she's 20!

0 comments: