Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ladies and Gentelmen, Your Next American Idol...



We let Paige stay up to watch the finale tonight, and it was by far the most entertaining 2 hours of my life. Not because of the show, which was good mind you, but because of Paige and her thoughts on the nights performers.

First off, when George Michael was singing she looked up and me and said:

"are you going to laugh at me if I say this?"

"No hunny" I replied

"He's Hot!"

My eyes bugged out of my head because I have never heard her say anything like that before and because...well it's George Michael.

I didn't have the heart to tell her, or the ability to explain that he was gay, so I simply replied with

"Well sorry sweetie, but he thinks girls have cooties"

That seemed to hold her over a bit and she watched on with wide eyes as they announced the winner. It's no secret I was rooting for David Archuleta as was Alex. So when the verdict came that David Cook won, I was still happy because let's face it, he deserved it too!

Paige on the other hand, was not on the same boat as me and proceeded to burst into an uncontrollable crying fit. It lasted a total of 20 minutes, and I even mamanged to get her on video (which I hope to post soon) brushing her teeth and BAWLING at the same time over "Archies" loss.

How you brush your teeth and cry I have no clue but she managed it!

0 comments: